Thanks for your interest in writing a guest post for the KZO blog.
We don’t like to decline posts, but it could happen. To avoid any rejection, follow these suggestions:
- First and foremost, we’re looking for guest posts from tech-savvy individuals, preferably professionals in the online video community. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been published before or not, as long as you have something interesting and new that will be useful to our audience of business professionals looking to improve their workplace via video.
- Present new ideas, fresh perspectives, and unique approaches. We like to present readers with ideas that we haven’t seen elsewhere online. When drafting your post, ask yourself the question ‘so what?’ What can you offer that will make the reader think? What haven’t they thought of or tried yet?
- All work must be original, provided exclusively to KZO.
- Everything must be properly cited – links, images, etc. Basically, we should be able to hit publish as soon as it arrives in our inbox.
- Include a headline and a bio.
What does it mean to be exclusive? In short, you wrote this post for us and only us. You didn’t submit it elsewhere with the intent of seeing who will pick it up first. You are welcome to write on similar topics elsewhere; however, the post that we run should appear only on our blog.
Our readers are in the Sales, Marketing, Learning, IT, and HR departments at Fortune 1000 companies. Topics we’re particularly interested in include (but aren’t limited to):
- Sales Enablement
- Corporate Communications
- Video Collaboration
- Integration – CMS, LMS & CRM
- Video Creation
- Video Distribution
- Social Media
- Professional Presentations
Formatting and Submission
Write your post in a Word document and save it, please submit to us below. Make sure all links are active. And if you have an image, simply attach it during the submission process. Some things to keep in mind when formatting:
- Bold your headline
- Post length – 300-800 words
- Keywords – write with a single keyword in mind. The keyword should be included in your headline, first paragraph, and final paragraph. The keywords we prefer are: enterprise video platform; enterprise video hosting; online video production; web video production; creating online video; cloud based video platform; enterprise collaboration; enterprise collaboration tools; adding video to LMS; adding video to CRM; adding video to Salesforce; adding video to CMS; corporate communication video platform; eLearning video platform; corporate communications video; platform video collaboration.
- Links – if you are unsure of hyperlinking the text, include the link within the post in brackets immediately after the text that should be linked. If you have a personal blog or site that you’d like to link back to, it needs to be 100% relevant.
- Better safe than sorry – tell us EXACTLY what you want. If we’re uncertain of where a link goes, how an image fits best, we’ll have to resort to guessing OR rejecting your post.
We reserve the right to edit all posts. For minor edits, we’ll make them without informing you first. On occasion, we’ll send a post back if we think it’s a good topic but could use more work. Our initial review will occur within 1 week of receiving your submission.
We want our readers to know who you are! Your bio should capture that in 2-3 sentences. This bio is also where you can show the audience what else you’ve done by linking to your blog, your website, your professional social media profiles, etc. However, we do ask that you only include two links at the most.